Forbes Travel Guide released its 61st annual list of Star Rating winners Wednesday, with 21 new Five-Star hotels added to the list.
London now has the most Five-Star hotels, stealing the spot from Macau, China. There are 210 Five-Star hotels, 69 Five-Star restaurants and 64 Five-Star spas on the list with 1,694 winners in total. The Peninsula Hotels, in a first for Forbes Travel Guide, became an all Five-Star hotel company.
The list also includes 49 new Four-Star hotels, six new Five-Star restaurants and eight Five-Star spas. Eleven hotels received Five-Star awards in all three categories: hotel, restaurant and spa.
Last year’s list: Forbes names 22 new Five-Star hotels
Forbes’ rating spans 76 countries in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. This year, it features new destinations: Anguilla, Bahrain, Belize, Da Nang, Doha, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Hoi An, Istanbul, Oman, Perth, the Swiss Alps, Tel Aviv and Uruguay.
Forbes’ anonymous professional inspectors determine the rankings according to 900 objective standards, paying specific attention to exceptional service, to give travelers insight on picking the world’s best luxury experiences.
“At Forbes Travel Guide, we verify luxury. Our independent inspection process is the gold standard in the hospitality industry,” Filip Boyen, CEO of Forbes Travel Guide, said in a statement. “Discerning travelers can trust that each winner is the best of the best. We are pleased to honor the 2019 Star Rating recipients, an exceptional collection of hotels, restaurants and spas dedicated to guest service.”
Here’s a look at the 21 new Five-Star hotels:
- The Four Seasons Resort Lanai in Hawaii
- The Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel in Paris
- The Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
- The Carlton Hotel St. Moritz in Switzerland
- The Chedi Andermatt in Switzerland
- The Bulgari Hotel Beijing
- The Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island in the United Arab Emirates
- The Bulgari Resort Bali
- Crockfords at Resorts World Genting in Pahang, Malaysia
- The Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver, Canada
- The Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An in Vietnam
- The Four Seasons Ritz Lisbon in Portugal
- The Alpina Gstaad in Switzerland
- The Raffles Istanbul
- The Rosewood San Miguel de Allende in Mexico
- The Salamander Resort & Spa in Middleburg, Virginia
- The Shangri-La Hotel, at the Shard, London
- The Bulgari Hotel & Residences, London
- The Langham, London
- The Peninsula Manila in the Philippines
- The Shilla Seoul in South Korea
The complete list of winners can be found here.
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/hotels/2019/02/20/forbes-21-new-five-star-hotels-added-annual-ratings-list/2907459002/